View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 01:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice md View Post
I most likely don't pace myself as well as you do. not that I don't theoreticallhy know how, but as I have said to my neuro recently- if you want to lead a productive life, you can't avoid over-exerting yourself from time to time.

I work two days a week and recover for two days after each work day.
my neuro thinks I shouldn't be working at all like that. I think differently.
Alice,

I agree with you. With MG you have to over-exert yourself in order to be productive sometimes.

I also work two days a week and recover on the days between. Although I don't have any verified breathing problems, I can feel a slight difficulty in breathing on occasion and my heart beats hard, if I overdo it.

The one difference is that my neuro thinks I should be able to work full time and have a "normal" life by taking Mestinon. I have told him that I would like that, but it just doesn't work as much as I try. The two days a week of work seems to be my maximum. I have tried 3 days of work per week and I end up in bed and unable to do regular things (shower,cook meals, comb hair, think clearly, etc...) even with the Mestinon. I explained this to him and he told me to take as much Mestinon as I can without having the overdose symptoms.

It just doesn't work like that. I have a maximum tolerance for Mestinon which allows me to work 2 days per week and I can't get more work out of the Mestinon than that. And I have tried! I would love to work more!

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote