View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 01:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFlower View Post
Alice,

I agree with you. With MG you have to over-exert yourself in order to be productive sometimes.

I also work two days a week and recover on the days between. Although I don't have any verified breathing problems, I can feel a slight difficulty in breathing on occasion and my heart beats hard, if I overdo it.

The one difference is that my neuro thinks I should be able to work full time and have a "normal" life by taking Mestinon. I have told him that I would like that, but it just doesn't work as much as I try. The two days a week of work seems to be my maximum. I have tried 3 days of work per week and I end up in bed and unable to do regular things (shower,cook meals, comb hair, think clearly, etc...) even with the Mestinon. I explained this to him and he told me to take as much Mestinon as I can without having the overdose symptoms.

It just doesn't work like that. I have a maximum tolerance for Mestinon which allows me to work 2 days per week and I can't get more work out of the Mestinon than that. And I have tried! I would love to work more!
so it's time to change your neuro. he doesn't sound like one that understands either you or MG.
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote