View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 03:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhamGurlyGurl View Post
My first migraine with aura happened when I was 10 years old and in class when it happened, naturally I thought I was dying.

Since then, other than the yearly allergy issues, those migraines were not a problem in that they were always the same and I knew how to live with them.

I am not 42 and in the last 2 years my migraines have progressively gotten worse. In Oct. 2008 I was hospitalized for 3 days on a DHE drip to break the cycle and it worked, I went just over a year with no migraine, just an occasional headache dispensed of with an OTC drug. Since Dec. 2009 my migraines have gotten progressively worse and suddenly. I can only describe the worst attack as a "funny" feeling, unbalanced feeling like a magnet is trying to pull me over and I have to fight to stand upright, visual disturbances-flashbulbs, strings of very bright light points, loss of peripheral vision, sensation that my eyeballs can't move in their sockets or that my eyes have crossed blurring my vision, the ever present pressure, ache, pounding in my head, ringing in my ears, slight confusion, loss of mental acuity, trouble finding words to speak, tingling and loss of sensation on left side of my face and left hand (this happened the other night).

I am currently taking Neurontin x3, B-Complex, Naproxen (PRN), Esgic Plus (PRN), Clonazepam, Depakote, Lortab (PRN). I am not big on narcotics and would rather not go down that path if at all possible. When driving I stay right in case an episode hits and I have to pull over quickly.

Sorry so long and thanks for reading if you got this far.
presuming you are female (your screen name, lol) i would guess you are perimenapausal, see if you can get your hormones checked....good luck
pabb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote