View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 03:24 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

After I called the 888 (toll free) number and canceled the installation from them (got the name of the installer from the tele-rep), I called one of the stores here in Omaha, and asked if they had that kid working there. I called the right store. He was one of theirs.

I complained directly to the store manager. He was going to have the kid's manager call me later today.

I'm a little disturbed at how shoddily that kid was trying to mount the tv to the wall. My worry was the whole "tv-potentially-falling-on-my-head" problem because he only had these wimpy little zip tie thingies in the wall.

I'll have to take a picture of the large board behind the tv that the electricians screwed directly into the studs. They had screwed another board to that, and that's what the mount is screwed to. Basically they built a mount for the mount. I feel a lot better having had someone who has a clue mount the tv for me.

I'm still wondering if it's missing a piece that keeps the hooks that are on the back of the tv from sliding around on the mount if I was to bump the tv a little bit.

At least now I know of some decent electricians. I'm probably still going to be nervous about the tv potentially falling onto me. Not as nervous as I would have been, but still nervous.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote