View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 12:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This discussion of mattresses has been really helpful. I had thought of trying a Temperpedic, but after learning that it's difficult to get out of and turn over, plus the heat issue, I'll save some money and maybe try a topper with a good mattress pad instead. Like you Kicker, I have a hard mattress that I used to love, but now it kills my back and other pressure points. And yes, I have trouble getting in and out with nobody around to help. That's why I sleep in my lift-recliner.

The problem with the lift type recliner is that it has a pretty hard seat. Suppose with all the "workings" inside, there isn't as much room for padding as in others.

leggz: I'm sorry your flare hasn't let up. As Sally said, your doctor probably has his opinion, but hates to label you just yet for insurance purposes. Hang in there!

A new question for anyone who knows!!! Being I have the incontinence problem now -- don't realize I have to "go" until it's too late -- I have resorted to the latest in underwear fashion, Depend. However, I easily develop sores on the tops of my legs where the elastic goes. The main problem is when sleeping, sooooo.......has anyone heard of or had any experience with an implanted urinary catheter?

Besides my legs not working at all anymore, this problem really keeps me housebound. Just trying to find something that will allow me to be "out and about" a little.

Mrs. D -- Love your avatar! My ex and I lived in Oswego, NY for a year when first married and we sure saw alot of that white stuff .... 103" in three days!!

.....Judy
SPMS -- FIBROMYALGIA -- Ouch! and Ouch!
Judy2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (01-19-2010)