View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Ouchy,

You asked how I handle my Neuroma? One thing I have gotten shots in my foot, they do hurt but it's better then surgery. I have a great foot Dr. He was going to do surgery but when I decided to have the shots, he did it with no argument. Not a money hungry Dr. I have had them twice. The last one was 3 years ago and my kids got me a pair of New Balance shoes and they have helped me also. I also was diagnosed with Plantar Fascious in my feet. They burn on the bottom. I used lidocaine patches and as I said the New Balance shoes helped. I walk everyday. Yesterday, I walked 3 miles. It's been in the 60's here so it's been great walking weather.

I'm sorry that you have went through this. Before any surgery, I also ask for blocks. With every surgery I had with blocks the RSD didn't return in that area but when I didn't have blocks it did.

Another thing I think is important is to find good Drs. If they mention surgery right away, run for a second opinion, or third if that's what it takes to find that right Dr. that you click with.

I also keep Methadone around if I need it. I was able to go off of it months ago and only take it when I am at my worst. Summers are harder on me then winters. The heat puts me in flares.

I do hope that the pain calms down fo r you soon. I use to wonder which was worse not being able to use my arms and hands or not being able to use my legs and feet. Believe me, either is bad.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote