View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 09:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbrn View Post
red,

I too hate the aspects of elavil and lyrica and baclofen.....I find it effects the most important parts of my life....as does the pain, but it effects my relations with my boyfriend and myself....as well as the pain causing mood swings and snapping at him angry for no reason.....silly stuff but seems huge at the time, I guess I focus on the little things to try to get away from the pain and suffering....trying to refocus attention need to try to do it in a more positive way!!!

I hate the sleepyness and the fact that if I want to get pregnant I will have to come off all the meds as they effect the baby all of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn is ever going to hurt but I suppose it will be worth it!!!! The effects are life altering but having a child when you have chronic pain may not be a good idea....have to think long and hard about this one...definatly want a child...would adopt for sure.....but the life changes..picking up child....etc....couldn't pick up a baby carrier or pull a stroller out of the trunk of my car......need I go on??????

anyhow point is I can relate and concur with your assessment of the hate we feel for the aspects of med side effects!!

take care,
Victoria
I understand Victoria- if it's not one thing it's another....I've been on my meds long enough that they don't really effect me anymore, as in they don't make me really sleepy or "goofy" . But, I only take a large dose of the Elavil at bedtime and it with my Zanaflex usually puts me out in about 30 to 45 mins. of taking it, so I'm sure if I took it during the day, especially at that high of a dose, I probably would be laid out in the middle of the floor. As far as getting pregnant is concerned, I don't know- that would definitely be something to discuss with your dr. though. My son is 26 so I had him a few years before the worst of my pain started. Your mentioning that got me to thinking though, it seems like I've read that sometimes being pregnant has helped some people as far as pain is concerned- that it seems to make it better or go away for the time being. I don't remember why- maybe it had to do with the hormones. Since I'm not in your situation as far as being in so much pain, it's hard to say how it would effect your being able to lift, carry, etc. a baby. Although I do have my own "issues" as far as pain is concerned, such as not being able to lift my upper arms backwards and out, with my elbow bent (if that makes sense) to pick something up. You read about these women who've had babies despite severe disabilities and somehow they figure out a way to do it. Just from my perspective and experience, I would say that whatever you have to go through or however you have to adapt, having a child is a wonderful thing that I wouldn't want to miss, not matter what I had to do. My son is the light of my life, as is my grandson. I have a very understanding husband who I've been married to for almost 32 yrs. Am I crabby sometimes? Oh...yes... I also get "snappy" and impatient and just plain in a bad mood. Luckily, he loves me in spite of that. We've seen each other through alot and we just accept the good with the bad. You're a strong person and have been through so much and have managed to make it through it all and I know if you decide that that's what you want to do, you'll figure out a way to do it and things have a way of working out most of the time!
redjpwranglergirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote