Thread: Eye Sensitivity
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 03:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Reply to the eye sensitivity issues and their connection to Neurontin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealingwithtos View Post
HI Everyone.

I posted awhile ago that I was having problems with my eyes - blurry-haze over the top and pain with bright lights. Well, I went to the opthomologist last night.

She found that my sphyncter muscle in my eye was not working correctly. It was causing my eyes to be constantly dialated. In addition, the insides of my eye lids were swollen and has white inflamed dots. She said that typically was because of allergies, but I've never had allergies before and my eyes weren't itchy or watering.

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. Is it because of a reaction to one of my medications or is it RSD? I'm currently on 1800mg Neurontin daily, cymbalta, norflex and lidocaine patches.

The doctor is going to do some research on it too to see what's going on.

Any comments?
I also had major problems while on neurontin. I would read the drug insert carefully because horrible eyes are only a part of the problem. I suffered major insomnia, dry skin especially lips, nail problems, flu like symptoms, memory problems and too many more to mention. I know they include this stuff with almost every drug they sell just to legally cover their wallets. But you either have no problems or you have many of these problems and cannot decide to quit it yet. Do Not Wait; if you are having allergic reaction start titration and be sure you get instruction to do it properly (no more than 300mg per week). You may have to go to the 100mg dose during the final weeks. Keep in mind the drug has a 8 hour half life so you have to have 3 doses per day until you feel you can pull the plug and be free of it.
ab52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (01-19-2010)