View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 04:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default TM, Syringomyelia and MS...need help

Diagnosed in 2008 with TM, Syringomyelia and tested positive for the band associated with MS...also have a few brain lesions. Have within the past few months been in extreme pain and the numbness and tingling have heightened in my left hand/fingers. I feel a severe heaviness in walking and pain in bottom of feet/calves/back...everything. Hydrocodone not even working at this point. Just curious on some ideas here...what's going on? My neuro is sending me to Johns Hopkins in May but I need something NOW....here are some brief MRI reports. Any help is greatly appreciated. I was never told if I had recurrent TM or nothing!

Thoracic Spine MRI shows small ventral endplate osteophytes T5-T10. A discontinuous central fluid cavity T3-T7, also observed at T8-9 and T11-12. A realative subtle, patchy T2 hyperintense zone in the posterior T10-11 cord, over an approximate 3x4mm cross sectional area and a 7mm length.

Cervical spine MRI shows...nonspecific straightening of the usual lordosis from C4 to C6. Punctuate endplate osteophytes primarily extend ventrally at C5-6. Mild ventral effacement at C5-6 and C6-7. This is an apposition to mild, broad-based, non-lateralizing posterior C5-6 and C6-7 disk bulges; there are concurrent small annular tears at each level. cervical spinal cord normal volume/contour with pathologic enhancement. Mild degenerative character is observed at C5-6 greater than C6-7 including mild non-lateralizing posterior disk bulges and concurrent annular tears.
NCLizD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote