View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 07:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannafeelbettr View Post
Well, today was the day I went to the ER because of an "episode". I felt the dizziness and weakness come on strong, so I called my husband and told him to come home from work (I was more worried about my kids than myself). By the time he got home, I was on the couch, unable to respond to his calling me. I was aware, could hear he and the kids talking (even though they seemed far away), but I could not move a muscle or respond in any way!! I could not even open my eyes or talk, and my husband said my chest wasn't moving (thought I was not breathing, but obviously I was).

So, off to the ER. And it took several tries to get a read on my blood pressure because it was so low. I eventually came around, of course, and gave my medical history. Beings I recently came off of Cymbalta (in November), I was diagnosed with SRRI Withdrawal Syndrome. What I was experiencing (forget the name.... it began with a C), was not only a severe drop in BP, but my muscles became so weak they became temporarily paralyzed (which is why I was unable to move and had to consciously work at breathing). I was given some kinda potion to drink, then sent home with orders to call my Doctor in the morning. Aparantly, my doctor was very careless in how she weaned me off of a dangerous drug and needs to provide me with some damage control. Quite honestly, makes me not want to go back to her and to see another doctor, which is exactly what I'm thinking of doing
Vanna.... What a terribly scarey episode...I am so so sorry for you have to go thru this along with how scared your family must have felt..I hope and pray you/they have found the proper answer....Plz...do NOT go back to that Dr....I owuld call however and give them an ear full...chocked full! RSD is sensitive enough but managing the medications, due to the power and kick they have is very important and you can testify to that!!!!!!! Bless you and I hope the worst is now past you!!! Let me know if there is anything I can do...

KS
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote