View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 01:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks, Ellen!

I gotta to admit, I find it pretty interesting too...It's funny that you mention the probiotics...I'm not taking those right now (I find that they go bad quickly), but I do eat a lot of plain yoghurt. I don't know how common thrush is while on prednisone, but I haven't developed it *yet* (knocks on something that looks like wood). I haven't had any other issues with too much yeast in any other depots. as of yet either (but again, not sure how common these overgrowths are when on prednisone). I used to have plenty of problems with yeast in the past, though.

I'm planning on making my own yoghurt from now on because this ensures more 'good' bacteria.

But back to the worms/parasites...I'm sorta still wondering about the whole thing...My BF is from Afghanistan, and he also lived in India for 10-years. He told me that everyone got worms when they were little, and he's had Malaria 3-times while he lived in India. Anyway, he gets a lot of fungal infections- athlete's foot, on his feet, scalp and other areas. He also has plenty of allergies too...I'm sure that it's more complicated than it seems, but kinda curious that he'd suffer from allergies/fungal infections despite these past parasitic infections that are supposed to sorta 'train' the immune system. On the other hand, allergies, autoimmunity and maybe a weak immune system aren't necessarily interchangeable, but I did see something mentioned about parasitic infection preventing allergies as well...

It's interesting, though, still...
Nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote