View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 02:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Once again, thank you! I concurr with you on our first neuropsychological screening. I think the concussion program is doing more a screening to catch obvious issues. I think you could get the same thing with the Impact testing with far less cost. To me, athelete or not, it makes sense to have some sort of baseline on all students. I think many parents would pay to have a baseline established on the off chance something happened. I don't know if it is just awareness, but the incidence of concussions seems to be raising. I just heard of a 3rd girl in my daughter's class that has a concussion and know of two that had them prior to school starting.

BTW - I my daughter's school is amazing! They are prioritizing her health about anything else. They seem to totally understand the issues she will struggle with when she does return to school. They are fully support a gradual return and have zero expectations of her to do any work inititially. If she doesn't make it back fulltime, they will still let her move forward with her class and we will figure out when she is well enough how to make up the missing credits. They relieves a huge amount of stress from our lives.
nancys is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote