View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 09:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Howdy!

I am on Day 8 as well with my full uppers and until yesterday, I too was doing the emotional rollercoaster! Weepy, trying to eat, frustration....BUT went to the dentist yesterday, he made a few adjustments and 30 min. later I was iin my car singing my brains out and feeling SOOOO much more confident and comfortable! THAT is the key, CALL THE DENTIST if you are not comfortable, thank GOD I have the most wonderful of dentist in MA! I LOVE my smile, I can talk MUCH better,he sanded down a lip on the side and the back of the plate and viola! It feels so natural today and I'm not sucking in to keep them in the 'right place' nor making those 'weird faces' LOL....and I'm going SHOPPING for some retail therapy! LOL...I work in a call center so on the phone all day every moment for 10 hours a day...and I was soooo afraid to go back on Friday, but now, no prob!
Another KEY to it all is KEEP THEM IN! Only take them out to rinse them and clean them....KEEPING them in helps the gums to 'mold' to the fixture!
Another thing I learned, which is TOTALLY SCARY is, after researching on adhesives, I found there is a LAWSUIT out on Fixodent and Polygrip as they contain ZINC!!!! People are coming down with Neuropathy and it is STILL ON THE MARKET? What is wrong with THAT pic.....after reading that I took BOTH products that I had bought ahead of time, BACK to Walgreens and they asked my why I was returning? "THEY HAVE ZINC IN THEM" And I asked them why the heck they where STILL on the market? they had NO ANSWER! So be VERY weary of those products and DO YOUR RESEARCH!
Be patient with yourself, get your adjustments! Your NOT ALONE! And eating won't happen overnight, but we will both get there! Congrats! And ENJOY your smile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovecosmos View Post
I am on day 6 with an upper denture. I didn't expect all the emotional feelings of losing one's teeth. It's been hard and I've had a couple weepy days.
I went to my dentist today and he adjusted them and it feels SO much better! I now have some hope it won't feel awful forever.
If anyone would like to share their denture dramas, I'd like to read 'em.
humarock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote