View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 09:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile curled fingers

To Mere,

The "curled fingers" I mentioned are just that. Right now, I cannot extend my ring finger nor my little finger on my right hand. Needless to say, typing is a hit and miss proposition. My right hand is much more effected than my left hand. You can plainly see the muscle mass shrinking between the fingers. My hand looks like it has been on its own diet for the last year. The nerves serving the effected fingers are being treated with laser therapy by a therapist. She gets frustrated because the Waldenstroms is continuing to promote the PN, and all her work goes to pot. It does keep the condition from worsening, and that is a bright light in the treatment.

The one condition that has been reversed is the high IgM in the blood. At its highest point, it was 7,900. (should be 250-300). It is down now to 6,400 with the use of Rituxan, and Decadron. If the hematologist can continue to drive down the IgM levels, the PN should follow suit. Hopefully. when the Waldenstroms is down to manageable levels, the PM will fade out.
Gyrene is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote