View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

As my attorney husband says.... anyone can file a suit...it is WINNING that makes the difference.

PolyGrip makes a zinc free one. And SeaBond does not have zinc.

It takes ALOT of zinc to get toxic. I mean ALOT.

The people who bring the suit will have to PROVE by blood levels.
And the one guy who started it all ATE the stuff like candy because he liked it. Ate tubes a day.... some kind of pica behavior.

The first sign of toxicity is nausea/vomiting.

We have a long thread on this subject at PN:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...light=polygrip

I looked up alot of facts for it.

Many older people develop neuropathy, and don't wear dentures. It is sooooo common. Don't get bent out of shape YET about this.

The one study I found from Univ. Of Mich stated it was probably a genetic tendency for the few that have been identified so far...an overload problem, that cannot be anticipated. Like Iron overload (hemochromatosis). You are more likely to have hemochromatosis than any zinc overload. 1 in 3 have the genetic means from Ireland alone for it. (iron). Estimates in US are 1:150 or so.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (01-20-2010)