View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Being bitten by a venomous spider is not fun. You can get
necrotizing flesh, tremendous pain, slow recovery with perhaps significant disfigurement. If you are bitten by a brown recluse, you can get intravascular coagulation and blood clots in your arms and legs. One lady in our area had to have all 4 limbs amputated! (the spider was under the rug, and bit her when she pulled up the padding.)

My bite lasted 3 months, and I still have a stiff ankle to show for it.

Even though I don't run screaming from them much anymore, unless they startle me or are on my shoulders (from the woods) I still remove them, and sometimes kill them. One really doesn't know how many are in the woods until you get a really dense fog. When that happens for us upNorth, the entire woods is covered in webs... WEBS EVERYWHERE....

Not to mention the large black running/jumping ones that live on the rocks. They get to be as big as a quarter and carry their egg sack with them. These are the ones typically that invade our beds. While many venoms are not so terrible as the black widow or brown recluse, the others can cause substantial tissue damage. (like the bite I had).

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (01-20-2010), SallyC (01-20-2010)