View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 02:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks for the replies

Thanks for replying, Mark and Hockey.
Regarding Hockey's question: I do get a sensation of a nerve pulse in my neck as well as the head. I did have some neck as well as brain damage, so that might be similar to your case. It doesn't really spread out to my hands though.

On one occasion, not long after I was injured, I felt a pulse like being hit in the back and neck. It almost make me collapse. It has never been that bad again and I think that my periferal nervous system has pretty well recovered. It felt really strange moving my arms at first but that has gone and it feels normal now. I guess the central nervous system can't recover in the same way or at least not as fast, so that's why the symptoms have only remained in around the head and neck.

I know it is sometimes difficult to tell if it's coming from the neck or the brain, but I have come to thinking that the sensations are probably coming from where you feel them, and we can confuse the situation by always thinking of referred pain.

CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
Despite a boat load of meds, I still spasm and twitch.

Among my favourite spasms are the one that closes my throat so I can't breath for a few seconds and the one that makes my hand fly open (bye, bye coffee cup.) It's like being tasered a hundred times a day.

Additionally, do you guys have the the sensation of nerve pulses all over your body and/or shaking hands?

Anyway, as I also have spinal cord damage, it's hard to say if the source is brain or neck (probably both). Either way, they're no fun.
Concussed Scientist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote