View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 02:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default That sux

Unfortuantely, your attorney knows what's best from a LEGAL point-of-view, and if we want the funds we deserve to deal with this painful beast, we are at thier mercy. I have RSD in all four limbs as a result of severe nerve damage following a car accident 3 years ago. My 1st attorney (I switched to another) was so abusive to me when it came to my medical care. At the time, I was dealing with caring for a baby and a toddler, dealing with an angry watchful boss struggling to do my full-time job, going to PT (which hurt like hell), a husband (former drug addict) stealing my pain meds, and not to mention, being in agonizing pain 24-7 with doctors telling me there was nothing wrong He was simply trying to build a cast that looked good on paper, realizing that a jury or the average joe on a deciding panel does not give a sh&t what you've been through or what you have to say. The proof will be in the pudding....the diagnostic tests. Luckily for me, I met a wonderful doctor who got me the proper testing done, finding severe nerve damage, telling me as he read the results "Wow, you are a lot worse than I thought you were. I can't believe that you are doing all the things you're doing." VINDICATION!!!

Anyhow, since then, I've switched attorneys to a more compassionate one (but, he is also more slack, and nothing has moved at all in a year's time). My point to you is, you need to see from your lawyers point-of-view and experience, what he needs in his hands to go in and fight for you. If it's a waste of time for you to go to an Ortho, who will say you are "okay", that will work against you on paper. You want to see a doctor who will document something for your attorney to work with.

Best of Luck to you. Not a fun process Vanna
vannafeelbettr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RNcrps2 (01-21-2010)