View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

For the first two years after my injury, I had ballistic movement problems. It effected my arms and legs. If I wanted to move my arm from a relaxed state, it would move far beyond the target point. The same would happen to my legs. I kneed my wife a few times while turning over in bed.

From what I could find out, it was likely caused by the sensory nerve failing to send signals of position and movement. It appeared to be limited to times when my neck was either bent forward and/or to the left. This was either when I was in bed or relaxing in my recliner.

I also have problems where a muscle will lock in a flexed state. My thumb can spasm across my palm, toward my little finger. I can get toes stuck in a clenched mode, too.

If I try to concentrate, I often start shaking. It can be my hand(s), arm(s), head, etc. This can also be brought on by stress.

Trying to do find motor control can bring it on and especially fine motor control where I need strength as in trying to hold a heavy part in place while I put a bolt in a mounting hole.

These are all skills that I was highly proficient at prior to my injury. I had planned to study to be a dentist based on this aptitude. I changed career directions after having a bad decompensation with associated academic struggles in college.

I have experience a few loud sounds in my head. They are not real because nobody else heard them. They are very short duration, like a bang or clash. I have always wondered if they are micro-strokes.

The Neurontin appears to reduce these symptoms.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote