View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 02:16 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart Dear Bizi

sorry the first doc didn't work out... glad you are set up with a new one though.

MRI... especially if it is a closed machine and if they do not provide headphones/earmuffs/earplugs you might want to ask for them. it is really loud. i came out with a migraine - yes i am more sensitive in that regard, but the sound level alone can be bothersome to non-migraineurs. (when my dad had one done they put muffs on him without his even asking.)

For me i think keeping still was the hardest thing, mentally. now i don't recall - i may well have popped 2.5 mg ativan before to help with that... i felt pressure knowing i "MUST" keep still.

i am anything but claustrophobic so no issue for me there, but it certainly is a small space, which bothers many people.

a little extra klonopin is not a bad idea. bring it with if you are uncertain, and plan for a lift home if you think you might take enough to make you unsafe to drive.

if you know you will want the Klonopin if the machine is the closed-in type, perhaps call the facility before you go. they won't mind. it's a natural question to have.

((( HUGS )))

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-21-2010), Brokenfriend (01-21-2010), Dmom3005 (01-21-2010), Hockey (01-21-2010)