View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 06:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default full recovery

hi Nancey

I would just like to say ,that your daughter has every!!!!! chance of making a full recovery,

but it just takes time, this board is shared with TBI and pcs I had multiple skull fractures with csf leakage I am 2yr post injury,

others have had multiple concussions , and suffer the combined effects,

it really differs from person to person injury to injury, many factors come into play, age is a key factor and it is still very early days,

young people have came to this board got answers and recovered and moved on excepting, that an injury is permanent and life long is in my opinion is not the way to go,

although in some cases it undoutiby is, one of the questions that comes up here often . is how long will this last,

the medical profession often can,t say, because they are being honest with you , they do not know, these are the bench marks with brain injury --- the period of unconsciousness , known as the glasgow coma scale,

then post injury 4hrs 24 hrs 36 hrs 1 week 2 weeks 1 month six months 1 year 18 months at all of these date recovery/ improvement is possible only after 2 yrs

dos the profession except the injury may be permanent, but this is not set in stone, but studies indicate this to be so

ask your doctors first, I am no expert just someone struggling with ABI

hope this helps best wishes
vini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nancys (01-21-2010)