View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 11:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Multifocal motor neuropathy

My husband has it. He stareted symptoms around 1999 but it took until 2001 to find out what was going on. He received IVIG for about 2-3 years. He believes it did not help but it did stop the progression. The IVIG was not easy, it makes you feel bad for awhile and just when you do start feeling better it is time for another dose. Some brands of IVIG seem to be worse then others. My husband stopped the IVIG because of money issues. His job changed insurance and the new insurance would not cover it all. It was costing us $1000 every 4 weeks. It cost around $7000. I had to fight very hard to get our 1st insurance to cover it it( took me 4 months and hrs. of phone calls). He seems to be holding well without the IVIG now. He still has lots of tremors, drop foot, and his fine motor skills are not great, but the IVIG did stop it. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart07 View Post
Hi,

I am new to this post----just wondering if anyone has had experience with Multifocal Motor Neuropathy with Conduction Block and what has worked for you. I am scheduled to receive IVIG therapy soon, and am curious about that as well.....Any info. would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks !! Doug
B robinson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote