View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I think it is very easy to over do.. we feel OK enough to do "something" exercise wise and we don't notice the twinges at the time but then later it starts to kick in.

I just had that happen to me...
I went to a curves to see how the machines worked for me...
I'm not sure the hydraulic machines are gonna work for me, plus they don't have a easy or beginner setting LOL

the hydraulics are pretty tough and-many of the upper body machines need you to have arms out at level or higher

neck weakness-
oh yes, when I had my really bad spasms I could barely hold my head up, riding in a car was really bad - had to take a pillow to lean against.
I even bought one of those foam neck collars ... it wasn't too long after that that I came across my chiro.

depending on how soon you realize that you have spasms and then take steps to treat them - I think that's a key in resolving them sooner , but they don't go away real fast.

Mine happened because we were doing a cement shop floor - just dh & me - and we wanted to get it finished that week.
halfway into the project I felt things starting to hurt but kept on ignoring and the last 2 days I could barely do anything..

But i didn't know what a spasms felt like so I had no clue and I wasn't realy supposed to be doing that sort of stuff due to my wc claim. I was on hold case wise and off work at the time.
I couldn't really go to my dr and tell them what I had been doing...so just by fate or karma ran across my chiro that helped me "off the record" and I paid cash to keep it off the books.
It took about 2 visits a week for a couple weeks and then tapered down to monthly, but the worst was resolved after a few visits.
later on i did find out that some lingering problems were because my top ribs had gotten pulled up and they got stuck - a adv PT guy figured that out and dropped them back down. Now chiro checks for that too.

my claim closed in 05.

Last edited by Jomar; 01-23-2010 at 02:31 PM. Reason: added note
Jomar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (01-23-2010)