View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 02:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
The only australian term I know is 'shrimp on the barbie" and the only real Australian actor I was familiar with was the guy who played Crocodile Dundee. I will never forget sitting in the movie theatre and the actor Paul Hogan, I believe is his name, well he was in the subway system and a bunch of gang members started taunting him with one of their little switchblade things and Paul Hogan reaches into his back pocket, and takes out this LARGE blade, looks a the gang member and "you call that a knife??".

Well, the whole audience went blind crazy nuts over that line. That was the funniest picture.

And the first time we went to the outback steakhouse and we unrolled our napkins and my knife was four times the size of the my household steakknife, I burst out laughing and immediately thought of that movie. I never saw such big steakknives in my life.

And oh, that bloomin onion. I never in all my life enjoyed a meal like a did a the Outback Steakhouse. And the steak had 7 different kinds of pepper on it. Alan needed 10 glasses of water and said "we're never coming here again". He's not a fan of pepper.

But now we eat the chicken and the salmon and the mackeral and the salads and no more bloomin onion. (Oh the dipping sauce of that bloomin onion).
I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT MEAL. !!!! It was divine.
MEL YOU MEAN YOU NEVER HEARD OF THE TERMINATOR HES FROM AUSTALIA
ARNOLD THE NOW GOV OF CALIFORNIA
DOUG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote