View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 04:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah1234 View Post
I am 20 and have a spinal cord stimulator. I have it for RSD pain, but it still is the same when it comes to pain! we all need to be pain free!! I had the trial for 4 days, and the complete appearance of my arm changed and i was able to touch it- which is HUGE when it comes to my disease. I have had it in for a year now, and havent had any problems with it. I have gotten off 4 medications after having it implanted. The advice i can give... DONT MOVE FOR THE FIRST 3 MONTHS. let that baby scar in as much as it could. I have mine in my cervical spine, and my aunt has one in her lumbar spine. my surgeon and dr that put it in wrote the chapter in the neurology text book about implanting them, and I spoke to 5 prior patients of his that had SCS implanted. IF you havent had yours implanted already, ask to speak to prior patients that have had them put in.
Hello there:

I have a question about the Spinal Cord Stimulator. Is this in replacement of pain medication?? I just started on a Fentynal patch yesterday (25mcg) and i have never heard of SCS before. If I did have one inserted, would I still need to have this Fentynal patch on? Or does it replace Narcotics for pain management?? thank you for patience. Im not very knowledgeable about all these pain management options. Mykinzie......
Mykinzie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote