View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 11:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfrank1001 View Post
Has anyone heard of a connection between RSD and hearing loss or does anyone have both of them? My daughter who is only 12 is experiencing both at the same time. It is very hard on her. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
A hurting Mom
Hi Mom and Daughter, I haven't noticed hearing loss, but my internist said I had ear infection. I also get like little sore blemishes inside my ears. I have RSD full body and internally. Starting to get some problems with eyes. Also have half my face numb-have trigeminal nerve disorder diagnosed by my neurologist. It's a very painful area at the temple.
I'm so sorry your daughter has RSD. This is a wonderful group that always try to help in anyway we can. I've had it 15 years following benign breast tumor removal. Wasn't diagnosed for 4 years. But started physical therapy right away to fix frozen shoulder. For me, massage therapy also was not fun, but helpful. Swimming -water 86 degrees. was one of the best things to keep me mobile. Of course, you want to check the ear out before water exercise.
Desensitization is very important in the long run, but not fun. I had RSD in my left hand, and my physical therapist had me exercise at home dailey. Took several plastic bowls. Put cotton balls in one, sugar in another, coffee grounds, rice, beans, just different textures. By running your hands or feet thru the bowls, it desensitizes , which is important when it comes to using your hands, dressing, showers, etc.
Please let us know what we can do. Do you have a great RSD Dr.? There is a website with a lot of good information. It's rsdrx.com Dr. Hooshmand is retired now, but information is good. Under puzzles, there are 147 questions
with the Drs. answers.
RSDSA is the national organization for RSD and if you put in your zip code, you can get references to local support group and even Drs. names.
Please know we are here for you both. your friend, loretta with soft hugs I'm a Mom to one daughter 30 and one son in law. I'm grateful for their support and my husband and all the good friends here and my closest friends where I live, which is Arizona
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote