View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 12:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNcrps2 View Post
My RSD has spread hands, arm, shoulder, scapula, feet, leg. Taking Lyrica, cymbalta, lidoderm patches and oxycontin. Spreading continued so Dr. stopped oxycontin and started Methadone. I was upset about narcoticsl, but FINALLY my pain has decreased, less sensative, not turning purple constantly, walking is easier! I am so happy. I guess i have to just except the fact that i have RSD and i may need to take medicine that I dont like but that helps me. I still do epsom salt baths or foot baths which really help. Hope this helps someone else. momof4
Hi Momof4, I'm happy for you. I understand how you feel about meds. I just wanted to say I attended the RSDSA annual meeting this past spring in Scottsdale, AZ where I live. We had 4-5 RSD Drs. & Scientist. And they definetly were pro Methadone.
I have full body RSD-now 15 years with internal involvement,pelvic region. We need all the help we can get. My pain was increasing because I would be awake all night-ambien not working. Dr. put me on a 200 patient trial study and it worked, so was able to decrease the pain med a little. So grateful to sleep again.
Hope the best for you. your friend, loretta with soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RNcrps2 (01-23-2010)