View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 02:12 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default hi

thank you both, Misti and Lonely1 for your replies...

Dear Misti,

regarding the benzo... i based my taper plan on the guidelines provided in the Ashton Manual, and also, as noted in the manual, it is flexible based on the needs of the moment. e.g. when i was a little hyper before Christmas i stayed at the same dose for a good while.

regarding the "effect" on sleep, my sleep has been "all over the map" more often than not... when i was on a fixed dose of the benzo, not on any benzo... not on any meds... goes back decades. i'm afraid that is just a "feature" of mine! i tend to be a night owl, but have to try to set myself up for day hours. right now, it is because of that class.

now, i don't rule out the possibility that the last step down on the benzo could be contributing to my sleeping a bit less - that happened early in the taper too. but it was producing a decreased need for sleep - that is, sleeping a little less but without being tired. the being tired i believe comes from me trying to impose a schedule on the sleep i think.

i did not expect depression to be a side effect. but it could be the stress from the class. fear. i will have to think about this. one is not supposed to go backwards in a taper but i have only just stepped down by 2 drops 2 evenings ago and i could just consider these two anomalous doses, return to previous dose and hold until i am done with the class, or if i can't get in, until i feel better and not so tired.

i have had some agitation but i blame that on notching up the coffee to keep me awake during the day... it didn't really touch the fatigue, but it made me feel squirmy inside.

emotional overload... from the forums... it is something to think about. i tend to think not though. i don't participate unless i feel i can. hmmm.....

i much appreciate your insights, kind thoughts and prayers ... and checking in with me.

i hope you are well.

~ waves ~

Last edited by waves; 01-22-2010 at 02:37 AM. Reason: shortened
waves is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (01-22-2010), bizi (01-23-2010), Brokenfriend (01-22-2010), mistiis (01-22-2010), Nik-key (01-26-2010), reyn (01-25-2010), thelonely1 (01-22-2010)