View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 04:34 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

It would be a one time meeting/session.
He's been to therapy for himself around the times each of his parents died. (I pushed him to go and he says he benefitted.) He's actually had three different short term therapists -- so he understands the process of therapy a bit.

He runs very high energy and very intense -- almost manicky compared to my low energy. In our 11 years together I think I have observed him in a few depressions. They last a few hours or part of a day. He can sleep them off..... Or work them off by cooking elaborate meals for the whole week that we have to freeze for later.

I wasn't sure why the therapist wanted him to come in.
But now I am thinking that hubby might be able to get the therapist to help me more. He would be willing to do that for me.

Now I hear from the posts of both of you that maybe my first impulses were correct -- leave him at home.

I'm wary of therapists too. I met two good ones in my life (if I count this one). And I had many who should not be in practice. (Don't worry. I never went back after the first meetings.) What I told her was that I didn't want to bring him in and intrude on my time with her. It sounded like BS to me when I said it.

Quote:
Do you think he doesn't believe you?
I mentioned something like this on the phone with my sister tonight. She said that hubby absolutely does not get how hard things are for me.
Sis is wrong.

I think he does.
I feel that he does.
Or rather, he gets it well enough.
I would NOT wish true understanding of this craap on anyone who didn't need to have it.

Thursday afternoon two situations at work combined with exceptional tiredness even for me completely threw me and sent me into a long crying fit. He hung in there with me and was mostly sympathetic. We ended up going to our 2 hr yoga class together on schedule with a friend and felt better afterwards.

Here's an example of his not getting it: On Thursday morning, in an early morning weird moment of his own, he suggested I keep several shirts in his closet ironed for him instead of ironing one each day. HA!
That could never happen.
I decided to renew my relationship with the dry cleaning lady near our old apartment. She does a good job of ironing shirts and doesn't charge much.

Mari

Last edited by Mari; 01-20-2007 at 04:40 AM.