View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 09:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default 1st steriod infusion today and Copaxone- any hints?

I have been going thru quite a bit lately and figured it was my AS. But after a trip yesterday to my nuerologist, she is chalking it up as an MS flare. She has scheduled me to have a 3 day round of IV Steriod treatment and then a 10 day tapered oral treatment. She also gave me a prescription for a sleep aid. I have never had the steriod infusion before. Any input would be most welcome as I am apprehensive if there are any side effects from it as I feel like crap already! Do you have any wierd taste sensations? They told me it would take about 1 hr each day. Can you get nauseated from it? I am already taking an anti nausea med as needed so hoping it wont be a side effect. I have not been on any MS meds up to this point as she was giving me a "wait & see" approach but yesterday told me she wanted to start me on Copaxone injections. I just hate shots. I have been taking a 1 x week Embrel shot for my AS and I dreaded that and now the Copaxone will be every day. Any insight on this med would be welcome also. I was hoping 2010 would be a better year.......arggg. Thanks for your suggestions.

Lindkaye
lindkaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote