Thread: overwhelmed
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 08:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryn View Post
Hi, I also had the surgery in Oct. I was wondering, Do you still have alot of swelling? I just can't seem to beat this, and am in pain everyday. My Surgeon kind of makes me feel like I should be better by now, but my Phys therapist says I am doing good considering what i had done. I also get so depressed because I can tell alot of people think I am not that bad because I look good. I haven't filled the anti dep. med because I don't want to be happy that I can't function like a normal person... Anyway thanks for letting me vent... Caryn
Hi Caryn,
I don't have anymore swelling from my surgery but the incision on my side and my armpit still hurt. If I'm laying on my good side and my cat walks on my surgery side I can only stand it for a few seconds. The area is still very tender to the touch.
My surgeon also acted like I should be better at our last follow-up. I told him I thought I might be depressed and was concerned it may be the hydro/oxy.
He said depression is normal after an invasive surgery and has prescribed more and more powerful pain meds.
As far as my friends go I know what you mean.
I'll run into them or see them a social gathering and they'll say I don't look bad. Also they'll start asking all kinds of questions.
I'm not sure what they expect. Should we show up in a wheel chair or crawling on the ground with tears in our eyes, complaining about our pain.
Frankly, I don't think they'd want to be around me if that's what I was doing.
The best thing they could do is say nothing because I just try to be happy and put on a happy face when I'm around them as I'm happy to see them.
It'd be nice to be just treated like everything is normal if only for a few hours.
gbsb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote