View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Oh! and dont you just love the "but you look so good" crowd?! You cant possibly be "really" sick because "you look so good!" So, if I make an effort, brush my hair, my teeth, dab on some chapstick and wear deodarant and change my shirt, maybe put on a bra when I leave the house, folks are saying "but you look so good!" My next step is to go out with unbrushed hair, my old sweatshirt, my bedroom slippers, and maybe a curler left in my hair. Then I will have the other crowd saying "just eat poptarts all day, and it will give you back that vit you are missing!" ACK!

I have MS. I have a good medical team in not only the MS center, but the local medical center, and the extra special folks I have on my team, like my chiropractor, dietician friend, and my massage therapist, with my PT girl, and so on. I am not sitting home with my fingers in my ears saying "i dont have MS, I dont have MS" I find my friends currently are leaning one way or the other. I am not sitting home eating crumbs, and wasting away. I am taking excellent care of myself, and my family. Why is this not good enough? I find most in my life at the current moment fit into one of two boxes.

1. The "but you look so good" crowd. I can be in pain, wobbly, dizzy, nauseous, and half blind, and they think because I am groomed, and clean that I must be doing great!

2. The "you are not trying hard enough" crowd. If I would only see their special guru or vitamin pusher, or try bee stings or wrapping myself in seaweed, or dig holes in the yard, and then fill them in. ACK! enough!

I am about to start losing contact with several. This breaks my heart. Once upon a time I loved these folks. I was there when their children were born, died, or injured. i was there when husbands died, wives died, and children celebrated with graduations, and new babies of their own. its a shame, but it seems like some of these long time folks who leaned heavily on me in their times of stress, are not sturdy enough to take it when someone leans back. its just sad.

Where can I find new friends that will just let me be?

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (01-22-2010), Jappy (01-23-2010), jeep4wd (01-27-2010)