View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 06:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I got my rsd while I was working. I was doing a repetitive type of work and while putting a divider with perforations in a 4 1 gallon box the divider broke at the perforation and I sustained a severe twist to my left hand/wrist. I had warned the head people at work that someone was going to get hurt if they didn't change the dividers because it wasn't only happening to me but other employees.But they refused to change it because they said cheaper is better. The day after I got hurt they decided to change the dividers. I was not diagnosed with rsd until 3 yrs. later. Now I suffer because they wouldn't listen to me which I feel is unfair, but it happened and now I have to deal with it. Yes i am fighting wc because a little over a yr. after my injury i brought back permanent restrictions and they fired me. I was under doctors care while I was working,but it didn't matter. To make it clear we settled out of court just over 2 yrs. ago with an open file for my rsd but they renigged on it so now I am having to fight them again.It has been a long haul. I fought the first time for 4 yrs. and now am working on being 3 yrs. with the second one. I am not trying to scare anyone but this is facts that have happened to me. Not every case is the same but it has been a very long haul for me. We are still paying full price for meds which are costing between $700-$900 a month. Yea I turn the reciepts into my attny. but that doesn't pay our bills.I have to wait to get my money in the end. It a long ruff road to travel but some how I find the strength somewhere. Sometimes I wonder where I find it but its there sometimes you just have to look a little harder for it.
What is RSI and TOS? I haven't heard of it but i have seen it on a lot of postings with the exception of RSI. Sorry if that sounds silly.
You all take care and hope to talk to you soon.

Sincerely,
Tracy
screwballpookie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote