View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 09:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question HubbyWithRSD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbyWithRSD View Post
The reason I ask is this....When my husband was first diagnosed with RSD they put him on Neurontin - (Neurontin is the answer or sister product of Lyrica - Neurontin was involved with a very large class action lawsuit - a short time later they came out with Lyrica with the FDA's blessings on something Neurontin DID NOT have...)

Anyways, When he was on Neurontin I read once (and I'd have to find that information again) that Neurontin could stay in your system/body and one could have side effects for up to 3 years AFTER taking the medication. THATS PRETTY DARN SCARY. My thought is, is that if you were just off the Lyrica for a few days I'm guessing its more then probable you were still experience the side effects (blurred vision) from the Lyrica.

It concerns me that people/patients are often unaware (mis-informed) of how long these meds can "linger" on in our bodies...weeks, months, years later. The Dr's dont tell us this AND it's written in that tiny, tiny print at the bottom of the page IF it's there at all....

SCARY!!!
Just wondering if you could give me more info on the Neurontin lingering in your body? I'd like to learn more about that. Thanks.

Scary all right! I have been taking it for months, but others have taken it for YEARS!

Did the Neurontin work for your husband? What was the maximum dose he tried? My Dr. told me that up to 3600 MG is safe for you if you have RSD. But many people cannot handle that much...
InHisHands is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote