View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 06:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkinac View Post
I do not know if I am too late, but to anyone who is considering a discogram/disography (googled it or whatever). I want to say I have been through all sorts of pain throughout my life, but the discogram was something I never expected. It was the WORST pain I ever incurred in my life. No, I am not exaggerating. I asked my doctor when he recommended this, if it would be very painful. He told me there would be moderate pain, well he was being modest because it took a new nurses to hold me down. It also depends on how bad your discs are too. If they are bad, then it will be bad. After the discogram/discography my neurosurgeon still uses my MRIs to determine treatment, so I don't know what the procedure was for (kinda ****** me off). If you are not considering surgery, I would say it is a waste of time to get this procedure done.
I agree with nikkinac, I too never knew that pain came in that flavor. I never imagined there was pain that bad and I am fairly certain that if they had not given me the meds I would have gone into shock. But, once they gave me the IV meds, I was mostly out of pain.

As far as the importance of the discogram, I found out that I had numerous annular tears and that two discs were causing me pain. For some reason this test didnt mean too much to my surgeon and he explained that he uses it to make his final decission on surgery. If it had only been one disc and it was very clear that it reproduced my normal pain he would have fused that disc.
neednewback is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote