View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 07:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Anyone seen a Physiatrist for RSD

WC doc suggested to my primary care doc to send me to a physiatrist.
So frustrated with this wc doc it started out bad with him anyway when he told me I must have a black cloud over me, I try to remain positive inspite of all of this and I didn't need what I took as a very negative insult . He agrees that the RSD has spread to my arm after falling and bruising it badly at work after tripping on a loose piece of carpet that was all buldged up causing me to fall into the door jam. But refuses to say that the bruise recieved in the fall caused the spread. He says the rsd caused the spread. Before the fall I just had it in 1st left leg then spread to rt leg. I didn't have any signs of it in arm, shoulder & neck until after the fall. Also refuses to say my recently diagnosed neuopathy ulnar nerve in both arms is work related. Im a bookkeeper and do alot of data input and count large somes of cash by hand everyday. Very repetitve stress on my elbows and forearms. I litterally have callouses on elbows and forearm from reaching across my desk to reach the keyboard, to do data input aprox 6 hrs out of 8 5 days per week 8-10 hrs day.This is so frustrating!
The psysiatrist diagnosed the ulnar nerve damage. Not a pleasant expierience.
Not sure why they are sending me back to the physiatrist. Can they help the RSD, or possibly make it worse? What exactly do they do except poke neddles and zap you?
Stress & Pain levels have been high this past month so I find it hard to think straight.
Been very depressed for the first time since being diagnosed in my left leg with this RSD stuff. Dr. did put me on anti-depressant for the depression and to hopefully help me sleep better. Sleep has been few and far between. Hope it helps!
I know I'm babling and maybe not making good sense. Just warn down and confused about all of this.
Thanks for listening
TJ
tjack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote