View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 01:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thursday View Post
I am at my wit's end!
My neck muscles feel weak and taut. In the front and back. Scalene, pecs and trapezius especially. Only laying down is comfortable. What should I do?
I know we're not doctors here but let's take a poll:
a) lay down for the rest of today & hope it passes
b) take Lyrica (or Neurontin) and lay down for the rest of today
c) " and try and resume normalcy today
d) go to chiropractor
e) go to masseuse
f) go to acupuncturist
g) other

I vote ALL OF THE ABOVE

It helps me to keep my neck and upper body fleece warm. The LED and infrared lights is a treatment rather than comfort, although it provides comfort. I warm my muscles up in the morning, 5 to 10 minutes an area. Takes a little while while I watch Today or news and have a cup of coffee, eat a cut of Activia yogurt. I realize I need that time for this treatment to get my muscles warm, especially scalenes. I'm in much less pain throughout the day because I take this time. I do a round of lights at night too.

We have to keep trying, but warm is good. gentle shoulder shrugs are good too. "palms up" helps and Miracle Balls under armpits at times and twisting wrists back and around. Yoga, relaxation and breathing. muscle relaxers or an occasional cooler or beer at night might take the edge off a little. Laterly Tylenol PMs were giving me an extra hour before being aroused with arm, back, neck, leg, head issues. I'm not taking them now and I'm getting somewhat better sleep. May need to take them, but hate taking anything.

Yes, my head was too heavy for my own neck. That was severe whiplash. I was in therapy, traction, Estim and other modalities. It just eventually got stronger. Can't say anything in particular did it though, but it was rather weakening and tiring to deal with. I can still get a hint of that that if I overdo it, usually walking on concrete is involved-headache city...
Keep trying things. Hopefully it will come.

I can sell those pads I just haven't been diligent about getting that business going. Maybe this year. I have three. Right now I'm in light heaven. I used to demo them and still coldn't make a sale. They're a little pricy. I never pushed it. They're worth it, though. I swear by them. Not a quick fix either. But it's MY problem, I've come to learn. I deal with it the best I can. I do go on with things the best I can.

I also use hot wax from time to time on my hands. That helps just can't get to it when I want to.

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote