View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 02:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default physiatrist

I worked for a physiatrist for a few years and I know that unless they have had specialized training in RSD then, they arent competent enough to treat it. I had rsd in my last year there, and she did an emg on me, and sent me down to the surgery center where there was a PM doctor as she knew that they would be able to give a more aggressive treatment than her... As MOST physiatrists dont do nerve blocks, ketamine, SCS, many medications that are prescribed to RSD that might not be related.

But most important, if you feel uncomfortable ASK the physiatrist or your primary who you can see to better help you as a reference as they are in the field already!!! It is frustrating, and I dealt with all the WC cases at our practice of surgeons and docs and those WC people arent the sharpest tools in the shed. I often think, IF you send them to the RIGHT doctor to get the RIGHT treatment they will be out of your hair... HELLO??? nope... instead they insist on making it more complicated than it actually is. Frustrating. Brings me back to all my memories of dealing with WC.

Hang in there and keep us updated...
hannah1234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (01-27-2010)