View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 06:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovecosmos View Post
You have to remember this guy is working for YOU ! You're paying him good money. Don't let him intimidate you. I know you're hurting and he's got you at a fragile time. Breath deeply and relax. Put your hand up when you want to ask him a question so he'll stop what he's doing and make him listen to you! Tell him to knock off the name calling. Get in his face and his type will usually back off. If he won't treat you like a customer, there are dozens other oral surgeons in town! Good luck!
Thanks, I should have done that earlier. At this point I dont' believe he is charging me for the care so that's my only incentive to stay at the same doctor's office. Him being an ******* is very offensive but my main concern is my health, then it's my money, and finally the emotional distress from dealing with him. As an update

I saw him today and took vicodin 30 minutes before. He did the same procedure and had a jar called "Dry Socket Paste". He irrigated the area with what I believe is Perioguard and then suctioned it off and squeezed it (it hurt badly, but wasn't as bad as yesterday) and said there was no puss coming from the area. I told him there is basically a huge lump on my jaw and I can't open my mouth, while I feel infinitely better today than I did yesterday, these main symptoms have not really got any better. He said it will take 1-2 weeks before I can open my mouth without pain again.

At this point I"m feeling a little better about it all but I am still not totally sold. I have another appointment on monday with him and I'm assuming he's just going to do the same thing and possibly treat for dry socket (he didn't use the paste this time). It sounded to me like the infection is supposed to heal within 3-4 days from yesterday and then I'll just be dealing with dry socket. So I'm still wondering

Do I need to be more concerned? I'm on clindamycin 500mg 3X a day for 7 days, is that strong enough to cure my infection? My jaw is pretty swollen and I fear it might need to be drained manually. The doctor did take a panoramic X-ray and he said it looked fine (doesn't mean much, but to me it means there's evidence of what he's examining so he would be afraid to not be somewhat conservative).

Is there a protocol I should follow? I have been rinsing with salt water and brushing after every meal but there is still plaque buildup behind my second molars and for the love of god I simply cannot get to it. It hurts pretty badly just to be able to brush the tops of those molars, I honestly feel like my jaw would snap or burst open if I were to open it wide enough to brush the back. (I'm not even sure I could if my life depended on it, I probably could).

Last edited by mrsD; 01-23-2010 at 07:21 PM.
JWangSDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote