View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 12:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hello Everyone. Thank you 4 the Welcome!

hi. Im new here although I have responded to a couple posts already. This really seems like a fantastic site here to me so far! Im so glad I found it. I cane here in search of news and research for my MRI results. I find that many people ask here for their MRI results to please be translated into english. That sounds great to me with mine also! L-4 and L-5 level 3 mm diffuse posterier disc bulges. Bilateral facet joint and ligamentum flavum hypertrophy. Mild to moderate bilateral foraminal encroachment & Stenosis. Impingement of exiting nerve roots bilatterally at the lateral recess. At L-5-S1 level, 3 mm diffuse posterior disk bulge. Impression: Disk bulge at L-4 and L-5 level with bilateral foraminal Stenosis with Nerve Root Impingement. I was told that my spinal cord nerves arent functioniing normally. Compression on spinal cord is causing left leg and foot pain and numbness and occasional bladder malfunction.

Please anyoone help me with translating and understanding what exactly this all means to me and if any kind of surgery can and/or will possibly help benefit me. I realize I do need to talk to my dr more about the surgery, but until then, Id REALLY REALLY appreciate help in understanding this. Its scary to not understand all this medical lingo. Thank you all once again for recently becoming a freash new important part of my life now! Because NOW i really do not feel so much alone! Oh. And one more thing. I just started on the Fentynal Patch 25 mcg. Im instructed to change it every 72 hrs. Twice a day when needed, I take Percocet 5/325 mg also. Does any of this sound familiar to any of you fellow spinal brothers and sisters?? lol. Thank you all once again! Mykinzie.
Mykinzie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-02-2010), Dmom3005 (02-04-2010)