View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 12:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
Just saying hi. I've been checking out various health boards this last couple of weeks. This one feels good. Some are too professional for me. And others, we'll maybe stronger on the advice giving side (maybe a bit too opinionated). I don't find NeurTalk that way.

I used to me a mental health counselor so I am interested in mental health stuff. I also have personal health issues. One is a neuromuscular condition called Benign Fasciculation Syndrome. The word benign makes it seem as if "its nothing". But that's a not what it means. It means it won't kill you.

I also had some challenges with anxiety most of my life. Best guess anyone has ever had is to label it PTSD. Pretty rough childhood for the first 8 years.

And recently, I am having difficulty with my thyroid. I am pretty convinced that its something called Wilson's Thyroid Syndrome. The symptom picture fits really well. Been trying to get it cured for 8 months. (its isn't supposed to take that long), but i recently found out why the treatments aren't working. I have Candida. (where in heaven's name did that come from?). My doctor looked as surprised as I did. It's in the Wilson's literature that an infection can undermine treatment.

Whoa. Long intro. Can't imagine your interested in all that.

Hey, there are a lot of blessings in my life, especially when I pay attention to them. It's something I am trying to get better and better at.
Hi there! Well Im also very new here. nice to meet you. I am very interested in finding a place to talk about ptsd. My baby son, kory died of SIDS the day he turned 4 weeks old, and for years cuz of this, I suffer still from ptsd. Whenever i am around ANYONE who is sleeping, I automatically have to c heck and make sure they are breathing. That their chest is moving up and down. I may be this way the rest of my life because of waking up that morning to my husband screaming that kory was dead, but, i would really love to share with others that can help me to realize that im not so alone. Please help me find a place that deals with PTSD (post tramatic stress disorder). Thank you to anyoone thats reading this, i do appreciate that. Sincerely, Mykinzie.
Mykinzie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (01-27-2010)