View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 12:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Arrow what I suggest

skmklal ...

I don't think ANYONE here can tell you what is going on (unless there is a psychic neurologist lurking this forum). You have only been to the eye doctor -- you must next have the MRI of your brain and then the results of the MRI and the eye exam will be sent to the neurologist and HE will be the one to make sense of it all. I know it is frustrating to have to wait for a diagnosis. If you were hospitalized, all these tests would be done in 2 days at most, but when outpatient, you wait for your appointments.

There are many conditions that cause optic nerve inflammation and swelling, and if the opthomologist could have made a diagnosis, he would have, but all he could to is tell you what he found. Once the neurologist has the MRI and the Opthomologist's report, he will have have the clues to start to put it all together.

I hope that whatever it is, that it can be resolved by your doctors. In the meantime, I know that every last one of us can understand how you are feeling. It is scary, so scary, to not know. I hope your waiting time will not be long.

In the meantime, if any of your symptoms become markedly more severe, I would advise that you go to the emergency room.

Teri

OneMoreTime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote