View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 01:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Nenah- Welcome!

All of the symptoms that you have described sound like MG to me, especially with things being better in the mornings than the evenings. Also, finding it easier to eat/drink cold things as opposed to warm/hot is also very familiar to me. I have trouble with my tongue and palate, and sometimes swallowing, and cold things are definately much easier to deal with. Heat in general can make me feel so weak that I feel like a big magnet, and the floor is a fridge! lol (bad example...lol)...

Rest assurred- you WILL be able to eat again! There have been times where I've been so weak, that it felt like I was just at the Dentist- only differene was that I could feel. I couldn't move my tongue, palate or swallow. But now I am doing much better. I can eat almost completely normally. MG flucuates, so you'll have good days, and still some bad days unfortunately. Some people experience a remission, and you could be one of those people too! Just know that even if you don't experience a drug-free remission, medications and life-style changes can help to keep your sx at bay enough so that you can lead a fairly normal life.

Take care!
Nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote