View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I dont think I've had anyone sharing the "cure" from Zamboni (the veins in the neck thing) yet. I've been reading all about it here.

My parents dont really do the medical research thing like I do. (and my dad's a nurse anesthetist, you'd think he'd read medical stuff occasionally)

Before all the MS stuff happened, I had three friends. My boyfriend, and my two best friends that I'd known since I was 11 and since I was 18. I wasnt a very outgoing person before this, and had just the two best friends.

I can count on one hand (for each friend) the number of times I've seen those two best friends since I got diagnosed. One of them I've seen more because the other one lives in another state. I think part of my not seeing them often has been partially my fault tho. I wasnt always the most attentive friend. Probably because I'm not married and I dont have kids, and my friends are all married and all have kids. I couldnt relate to them with kids, and now they cant relate to me and my pet illness MS.

I see my boyfriend more often, but not as often as I want to because he works a lot, but he makes an amazing effort to get time off so we can go out. (he lives 50 miles from me in another city)

Part of my problem I guess was that I didnt have more friends. I had friends that I worked with when I telemarketed in the late 90s, but hadnt talked with them since I got fired from that job. Well, maybe one person, because he made an effort to keep in touch with me, but that was it...

It sucks to not have any friends. At least to not have any friends who will have anything to do with you when you're sick.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (01-24-2010), gonnamakeit (01-24-2010), Hockey (01-24-2010), jeep4wd (01-27-2010)