View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 02:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Blood work "consistent with" MG

Hi everyone,

I recently found these forums and it's been so helpful reading through the threads! Everyone is so kind and supportive.

I had a question that maybe someone with more experience with doctors could answer for me - I recently started seeing a neuro about problems I've been having for years. He ordered some bloodwork, including an acetylcholine receptor test, and then set me up for an EMG. After the EMG and the bloodwork came back, he called me and said my bloodwork "was consistent with" MG. He didn't mention the EMG.

Anyway, so I was sick in bed at the time and didn't care enough about anything just then to question him. He put me on prednisone and mestinon, and I have a CAT scan to check my thyroid scheduled, and then a followup visit with the neuro. I won't realistically be able to speak with him until the followup, which is a month away.

So...would all this suggest to you that I am diagnosed with MG? He never said "You have...", so I don't want to jump to conclusions. But the symptoms I read here fit and I'm on the meds. Maybe it's a silly question, but...Am I diagnosed?
Jigoku is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote