View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 06:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default The Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison72 View Post
Well said Anin. As a doctor, the onus is on me to make an accurate judgment in these cases, as the power to decide who should have this credential potentially affects many people.

A year ago my my cousin lost her 16 old Pom and as her sitter and servant I mourn her to this day. I have had dogs/family in the past but have not done so for the last 6 years or so. I have been in medical care for migraines since the age of 14 and have moved on to fibro and acrute arthritis, among a few other things. In psychiatric care due to the loss of a child since 1985-she actually passed away in 97. I try to mentally disconnect when I can.

I discussed with my current psychiatrist, the last retired, getting a small dog that sheds little and will make me go out more, for the needed walks, just for a walk. He thought it was a great idea; just what what I needed and gave me the needed paperwork for my condo association which I will present in a manner that others cannot abuse.

On further research I find how therapy these pets can provide from what I see on this forum so now I can look forward to maybe letting go of one or six or more meds that I take daily. I could also have a handicap tag but I choose not to, because I dont because while I can I want to keep pushing it. One day I won't have that choice.

Thank you all for all this wonderful information!
TropicalPain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote