View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 08:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default ATN Diagnonis but so Confused.

I've posted a few threads on here but I just can't seem to get over what has happened. My situation involves my teeth, a tooth removal and the obvious - pain. It has been 1 year now since this terrible situation has happened and I continue to have a bad taste along the right side of my gumline. I've been to 16 doctors/dentists/neuros/ENT to try and figure out what is going on. The only answer I was given is ATN. I'm so happy the excrutiating pain is gone after taking Gabapentin for 5 months, I just feel constantly anxious NOW...I never felt this way before since I know there is something still wrong. Meaning, why do I have this odd taste in my mouth at all times. I still get some weird sensations up into the ear, but mainly I CANNOT get over this taste. I know it sounds so bizzare. This has been extremely bizzare for me at 33 years of age and so much to look forward to. I just can't stop thinking about it. Is it really ATN? Is that nerve interferring my my taste sensations, or are these docs missing something. Why can't I stop thinking this way? I just wish I could go back to my old self and stop worrying this could be something else, or something they missed...like an infection. Hoping there is someone that could give me some insight on a similar experience or should I continue to pursue this, and see if it's something else they may have missed. Would this warrant a trip to Mayo Clinic? Thanks.
adimaria is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote