View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 09:18 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default As you mite know? There are soo many variations on...

the auto-immune and other PN issues that it's entirely dependent on the Clinical Experiences and resources [such as mentors] any docs have? Believe me, once PN gets to the 'unique stages' beyond ideopathic basics.... It gets totally squirrelley. So much depends on the quality of the tests and who processes the tests, and how the tests are transported to the testors, not to mention the quality of HOW the tests were done!
Next is pain control? Some of us learn to tolerate more than we thot we could? Rite now, I'm off such meds as neurontin for other reasons and I've found they really didn't DO that much when I have been in pain! But, we are all different in that quarter - After all the medical community can't even define PAIN categories other than thru 'happy faces'?
I for one, do NOT do happy faces! Come on folks, there are no objective or quantatative standards?
Be patient, polite and PERSISTENT with your docs about finding out not what so much that 'you have' as much as 'WHAT THEY CAN HELP you with'! Getting them to zero in into some medical areas will be the key to treatments and to maybe finding some relief! Whenever a doc goes 'maybe smurfiloff'? Be firm and ask him to write that down for you? Docs love to mumble at times those BIG words!
BTW? I quit the pain meds because the continuous kinds weren't working long term? And I Hurt equally off as on the meds. I learned that also in the past year with a bad injury? I was on morheine? I STILL HURT? I simply didn't care because my mind was fogged.
Listen to your body! It will tell you if somethings good or not good for either the long or short term. Follow your instincts in this regard in seeking help and treatments. Some do work and lower pain levels a 'bit'. Most do not eliminate them. As long as nerves WORK and COMPLAIN? to me that's a good sign that there is hope they can repair and work better again!
I've had set-backs myself in this quarter? But I AM NOT GIVING UP! Nor should YOU! 's - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote