Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabear View Post
Hello room..and a Sincere nod to the admin etc etc... My name is David and i have been suffering from chronic pain since 1998...
i have ran the gambit on anti inflam as we all have!! then finally somone decided to go further and ck out after a year of horrible life and then 3 months of unbale to walk sit even use a toiliet(we wont go there)...anyways after 2 ct scand 1 mri and the needle dye thingy in the spine.

They discovered i had a herniated disc with a pierced syatic nerve!! damagae was l4 L5 S5 etc , i had surgery done was to be 2 hours took over 6 doc said was a bit more messier in there then the scans showed, anyways surgery was a success no pain meds anti inflam nodda,then one day i woke up and all the pain was back just has intense has befor,the skeletel was fine but the nuro part of things was haywire, i was in hosp for 2 weeks and have been in pain mgmt ever since,i live at a 2 which has become normal for me specially since life was a 17 on a scale of 1 to 10!!

ok well thats the short of it lol..my question i was on vicodin and valium(leg spsams) the tried the oxycodone( didnt like em ) so we agreed was time to try somthing else..i go to va and trust my doctor completely..so he thought lets go to methadone..for its abilty to be a long lasting med as my condition will never improve and in time as it has will worsen!! my thing is methadone i know very little i try to look it up and it sounds like he has me on the right stuff when i read in comparison,have to ck into the heart thing now!

should i be concerned..had a couple times went into emergency,bad stomach pains and the other was 3rd day no bm..and not sure but sure seems to be somthin with more pain when u are not able to go!!...anyways the meth as u can tell it freaks me a bit..should i be concerned since i know i must and will bve on some form of pain relief rest of life..am i going in right direction??
ok sorry lengthy..appreciate all the help..and pray that you all find long relief from that which somtimes brings a tear...hugggz "papabear
Hello papabear,
I darkened the text - many members have a hard time reading the lighter colors. I added some spaces too for easier reading.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (01-24-2010), Hockey (01-25-2010)