View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 10:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs down Finished 3rd day of Infusion-but now have UTI

Well - finished my 3rd day of infusion today for flare and overall it was not bad. But on the 2nd day (yesterday) woke up with pain when I urinated. Not a good sign I thought. When I went in for the infusion I explained this to the nurse who did a urine test and called my dr. Fast test came back positive so they started me on bactrium. Last nite I started feeling worse - headache, groin pain, needing to uriniate but cant. Today went in for final IV which overall again went ok. Started feeling really tired after and by the time I got home I was in full force Bladder melt down. They have sent the speimen I left off for further testing and told me to call the dr on Monday. This is the first bladder infection I have had in about 4 years! Any input and suggestions on help for this would be most welcome. I am already drinking water like mad and cranberry juice. My head is just pounding and the constant pressure in the groin area. Anyway - the Infusion overall again was not bad but I think it brought on the bladder infection - could it? Can you get UTI's easier due to the MS? I believe the MS is getting worse - I have not been on medicaiton so far - just wait & see with MRI's every 3 months. But now dr wants to start me on Copaxone. I was hoping 2010 would be a better year. Thanks for listening and any input you can give would be very most welcome. I think its going to be a long nite!

Lindkaye
lindkaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote